Application / Cloud architect (ACA)
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring an Application / Cloud architect (ACA) for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
As an Application / Cloud architect (ACA) you will be responsible for:
- Provision of expert advice on enterprise, integration and solution architecture patterns and best practices in SOA software development, cloud components development, build and deployment.
- Analysis, design and development of integration architecture(s) of different information systems
- Coordination and review, analysis and design of digital solutions and components architectures.
- Development and maintenance of the architectural element of the OP multiannual IT plan.
- Production of other technical and functional documents.
- Provision of technical consultancy services for software development projects and for information systems.
- Participation in technical working groups and meetings with project teams, experts, developers, stakeholders, and non-expert users.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Following skills and knowledge are required for the performance of the above listed tasks:
- Very good knowledge of software architecture lifecycle (Information and Data)
- Very good knowledge of software development lifecycle (including legacy transformation)
- Very good knowledge of integration architecture patterns for diverse software solutions
- Knowledge of Information and Data architecture
- Knowledge of IS Portfolio Rationalisation
- Ability to integrate architectural solutions efficiently and fast
- Ability to give business and technical presentations and participate in technical meetings
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Very good communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences
- Analysis and problem-solving skills
- Capability to write clear and structured technical documents
Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation such as the European Commission, candidates should also have the following non-technical skills:
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting
- capability and experience of working in a team;
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on multiple large projects;
- Excellent knowledge of English (Level C2 – Common European Framework of Reference
- for Languages);
- Basic knowledge of French.
- High degree of discretion and integrity
Following specific expertise is mandatory for the performance of tasks:
Minimum 6 years of professional experience in IT of which:
- At least 3 years working on enterprise applications solutions development or enterprise application integration solutions with particular focus on the development of platform APIs.
- At least 3 years of experience on business requirements and technical analysis for enterprise level solutions.
- At least 3 years of working experience of software architecture based on open international standards, with focus on interoperability.
- At least 2 years of experience in the development of highly scalable web applications addressing hundreds of users.
- At least 2 years of experience in development of enterprise application architecture following the service-oriented architecture (SOA) paradigm.
- At least 1 year of experience on cloud development architecture and build/release automation pipelines.
- At least 1 year of experience on Agile ways of development, for example Agile PM2/SCRUM/SAFE.
CERTIFICATIONS & STANDARDS:
Following certificates & standards are required for the performance of tasks:
- 1 (one) from either Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2 Foundation or Certified in PM2 or ITIL certification or comparable standard (the comparability will be decided finally by OP.A.3)
- 1 (one) from either TOGAF certification or AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert or comparable standard (the comparability will be decided finally by OP.A.3)
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies