Administrative Support to Language Services
Are you fascinated about Space? Do you have a working experience in the field of Administration? You could be our new Administrative Support to Language Services. Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Space Agency HQ based in Paris, France.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As part of the the Language Services and Minute-Writing Division at ESA HQ, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Format the Word documents produced by the French or German translators, ensuring in particular that the layout is correct, coherent and in line with the standards of the Agency, and double-checking the spelling and grammar; this implies the assembling of texts when a document is shared between two or more translators, the reformatting of complex documents (budgets, annual accounts, etc.) and the creation of tables and figures using various software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others);
- Incorporate amendments to the documents, tables and figures;
- Upload the French or German version of official documents in the Agency’s online publication system “esa blue-docs”, liaising with the Information Technology technicians as necessary;
- Archive the original documents and the translations in the local databases;
- Maintain the translation archives and propose modifications of the folders and sub-folders as necessary;
- Assist in the preparation of specific documents by making electronic document comparisons (track changes function), retrieving/pre-translating recurrent parts and making searches in archives and documentary databases;
- Provide support for the use of specific tools by creating html bilingual files for the search engine (DtSearch) and creating and preparing tmx bilingual files (alignments) to be transferred into the translation memories (SDL Studio);
- Liaise with secretaries and the official documents distribution unit to ensure that documents are published on time;
- Transfer the updated content of the translation memories and DtSearch content to the external translators on a quarterly basis or more often if necessary;
- Maintain leave records for the Section;
When required, perform the following tasks:
- Record the translation requests in the follow-up excel files;
- Create dedicated sheets for each document using the appropriate template and copy the completed sheets into the workflow;
- Transfer the translation requests to the respective section heads;
- Keep the section heads informed of the status of the documents in esa blue-docs as well as of any special translation request outside esa blue-docs;
- Keep a record of published and cancelled documents.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring::
- Good educational background (secondary education) and substantial secretarial and administrative experience;
- Thorough acquaintance with Word and Excel and familiarity with PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and customer focus;
- Flexibility and responsiveness;
- Willingness to work hard under pressure;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- French mother tongue with excellent command of spelling and grammar;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English;
- Knowledge of German.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers.
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Take pride in what you do!
Serco European Agencies