Administrative / Secretarial Assistant
Serco employs more than 50,000 employees delivering mission-critical services to government and private clients world-wide. Serco is an international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco improves services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. Acting on a consultative basis, Serco designs innovative solutions, integrates systems and, most of all, delivers to the public.
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
To support our team at our client, the European Space Operations Centre (ESOC) in Darmstadt, Germany, we are seeking 4 Administrative / Secretarial Assistants.
- Telephone and e-mail handling service for any incoming service requests
- Distribution service for incoming calls, correspondence and documentation
- Travel coordination service (requesting, coordinating booking, handling mission reimbursements)
- Tracking and data input service – absence bookings
- Data entry service – contacts/address book, agenda, calendars
- Monthly, quarterly and/or ad-hoc reporting services
- Conference/event/training participant registration service
- Guest/visitor registration service
- Meeting organisation and support service (preparation of agenda, provision of any support documentation, taking and drafting of Minutes)
- Conference/Workshop organisational support service
- PR support service as for launch events
- Support the placing and tracking service of contracts, contract change notices, procurement actions, including verification of associated budgets and of invoices and delivery notes against payment plans using ERP system;
- Monthly manpower booking services using an ERP system;
- Multi-lingual service (English, French, German) for drafting presentations, preparing, editing and proofreading internal/external documents
- Translation from German to English and vice versa of incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Documentation updates/data entry service using Document Management Systems
- Visa applications service
- Filing support service
- Logistics service:
- administration and handling of shipment of goods and mail
- handling arrival/departure of temporary staff
- Helpdesk/IT ticket support service
- Support manpower and work package planning/changes
- Support budget review processes, planning and monitoring
- Support service during launch preparation (e.g. launch folders, badge management, catering) and SVTs
- Support LEAN process activities using iObeya
- Support to ESA CCSDS and CEN/CENELEC contributions
- Deliver secretarial tasks in Lotus Notes, MS Office (especially Word, Excel,
- PowerPoint presentations and Access) and ERP systems, e.g. SAP, DMS systems, SharePoint, ESAConnect and administration of the ESA teamsite, ESA software licensing and CURSA
- Support the organization of the flow of the high volume of documents (offers, work permits, transport forms, badge forms, etc…)
- Collection of figures from HIF-EC CIFM (Computer-aided Integrated Facility Management) and Teamsite and production of reports and statistics
- Follow up and Collection of contractual KPIs related to FM contract(s) and reports on SLA related budgets
- Activity status via monthly reports or ad-hoc reports as per service catalogue
- Update/production of specific deliverable documentation
- Contribution to different documents upon service request
- Various documents (offers, work permits, transport forms, badge forms, etc...) as per the service request
- Meeting schedules and Minutes of Meetings
- Reports and statistics based on HIF-EC CIFM and Teamsite inputs
- Report drafts of annual budget planning and business revision exercises
- Routine outgoing correspondence draft, as well as translation from German to English and vice versa of incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Reports related to annual budget planning and business revision exercises
- Shopping carts and confirmations for purchase orders and contracts in SAP
The Ideal Candidate
The Key Person should have:
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Completed secondary education and professional training in administrative and/or clerical support
- Very good working knowledge of ERP based systems such as SAP, MS-Office products and database applications
- Experience with ticketing systems is desirable
- Excellent communication skills at various organizational levels
- High level of customer orientation
- Very organised and structured way taking into account strong interaction with customers, with adequate communication and respecting administrative procedures.
- Excellent knowledge in English – both spoken and written
- Knowledge of additional EU languages – especially German – are highly desirable
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
Expected start date: April 2019
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies