Account and Sales Manager Space Italy
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Account and Sales Manager Space Italy, based in Frascati, Italy.
The post-holder will focus on the below main responsibilities:
1. Identifying business opportunities at Country level
• Prospect for new clients by networking, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients
• Align with the European Business Development structured process to continuously scan business opportunities in terms of public Tenders
• Engage in a virtuous feedback loop with the rest of the organization to keep organizational capabilities and products in close alignment with customer/market demands
• Identify opportunities for new initiatives, products and services that will lead to an increase in sales
• Develop and implement strategies and actions to close sales funnel opportunities.
• Work closely with the Italian sales team to maximize the profitable growth of the Country.
• Manage the pipeline in his/her segment
• Support the proposal preparation as appropriate
• Support the marketing material generation
• Support the new opportunities governance process
2. Building key customer
• Support the Country GM to develop strategies to ensure existing customer retention
• Support the Country GM in the definition of growth strategies and plans
• Support the Country strategy for the key rebids
• Manage appropriately the key stakeholders
3. Maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions
• Generate and maintain information regarding market players, competitors and possible partners (size, products, objectives, main business deals, …)
• Attend events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market, industry players and trends
• Present to and consult with European Business Development Director and Segment BD Lead on business trends with a view to developing new business strategies, services, products, partnerships
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
4. Actively support the executive management in the pursuit, negotiation, and closing of business deals
• Facilitate the planning of persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company
• Participate in pricing the solution/service to ensure that Company’s proposals are in line with customer’s expectations and underlying business plans
• Direct involvement in opportunity ownership of the deals untill final bid awarding
• Define and work with partners to identify appropriate alliances or temporary grouping for answering key Tenders
• Assess risks and potentials and develop mitigation plan and/or exploitation actions
5. Contract management
• Lead the development and delivery of a contract or business stream, ensure that budgets, resources and strategies are in place to ensure long term delivery of profit objectives and expansion of the business.
• Lead operational activity, manage contract with client and build customer relationships, ensure policies and processes are in place to control business risk and meet all business and legislative requirements, ensure that budgets and resource plans are in place and implemented effectively.
• Lead a single large contract or a number of smaller contracts. The role includes leadership of large multi-functional teams of staff.
The successful Candidate will bring:
• At least 10 years of successful (track record) sales of Outsourcing Services to Public Organizations and/or Agencies
• Good knowledge of IT as an enabler to develop and sell new services
• People Management experience of senior staff (minimum 5 years)
• Proven experience in business development in international context
• Proven experience in customer/country account management
• Experience in the following areas is considered an asset: knowledge of major Italian IT ecosystem (key players, partners, distributors), security services, virtualization, cloud, artificial intelligence.
• Fluency in English and Italian is a must; other languages being an asset
• Ability to work and interface with a multinational team
• Methodical and structured work-approach
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Make a difference everyday.
At Serco everyone has an important role to play. Take pride in what you do.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Company events
• Performance Management
• International environment
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies