RT-C/EOP-PM/00093 Assistant Programme/Project Controller
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
A diverse range of support tasks in the following position:
• Under this work package the contractor shall support the Earth
Observation Directorate, assigned to the Future Systems Department.
He/she will support in managing the Department’s project milestones in
liaison with projects managers; integrate and provide overview of
resource requirements; interface with the project controllers as required.
• Prepare and assist in producing financial and programmatic status
reporting as required.
• Support to developing and maintaining the integrated planning of the
programme resources and calendar.
• Support to the preparation and conduct of internal and external audits.
• Maintenance of a consolidated action item list for the Department,
ensuring that actions are being discharged in coherence with the
• Interacting with Department and Divisional staff in order to plan,
facilitate and stimulate the exchange of information within the
Department, including organization of specific meetings, workshops and
• Identifying topics for cross-sites coordination and propose specific
actions for harmonization and coordination.
• Support users for retrieval of documents from local DMS, DMS’s from
external partners and/or industry, out of paper archives, other sources
like ESTEC library, scanned documents on physical memories or via
• Support project controllers in preparation and administration of
procurement actions. Manage these processes in the ESA SAP system
(esa-p) as well as in excel or other tools as required.
• Act as a point of contact for all documentation/administrative tools (e.g.
DMS, RID system, action item database, etc.) used in the department.
• Focal point for all documentation / administrative tools used in the
• Support to the configuration management processes within the
• Close coordination with ESRIN teams to ensure efficient and timely
exchange of information.
• Managing the internal and external information tools (e.g. SharePoint,
web pages, etc) for the Department-level internal and external
communications, including interactions via social media.
• Compilation of monthly and quarterly reports from inputs from various
contributors for review and finalisation by the Department Head.
• Preparation of minutes of internal management meetings, integrating
• Coordination and organisation of internal and external meetings and
reviews, including room and resource booking.
• Responsibility for the management and procurement of promotional
items for the Department.
• Overseeing the administrative policies at Department level.
• Provision of various logistic support to the Department.
• Handling communications and events of interest for the Department.
The Ideal Candidate
The key person should bring:
- A university degree (Bachelor) or equivalent qualification with several years of relevant experience. A qualification with good background in (elements of) information technology would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively, independently or in a team, and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Experience in an international organization and multi-cultural working environment would be an asset.
- Interest in and good understanding of technical, programmatic and policy issues of ESA EO programmes, particularly in innovative domains such as those of current information technologies, with desire to learn and ability to think “outside the box”.
- Ability to travel frequently between sites, namely ESTEC and ESRIN.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisation skills.
- Flexibility with working schedule, as required.
- Knowledge of ESA administrative and financial processes is an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office packages including Powerpoint and Excel and in planning control tools, office automation software and databases, with excellent working knowledge of both MS Windows and MacOS.
- Ability and interest to learn other software/technology tools if necessary (training on the job).
- Experience in the analysis of processes and in preparation of operational documentation pertaining to planning and performance monitoring is an advantage.
- Experience with SAP and with ISO9001 certification projects is an advantage.
- Initiative and motivation to perform to high standards in a demanding environment.
- Ability to take initiative to optimise the efficiency of processes and to prioritise accordingly in case of high workload.
- Fluency in the English language (spoken and written). Knowledge of another European language is an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies