RT-C/DG-SEK/00030 Knowledge Management Engineer
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in ESTEC (Noordwijk),we are looking for a Knowledge Management Engineer.
Under the direct authority of the Head of Corporate Development, the post holder will contribute to the development and implementation of the projects and activities that are part of the ESA’s Knowledge Management (KM) roadmap, including KM projects planning and implementation.
The tasks include, in particular:
- Supporting the development and the implementation of the ESA KM roadmap and the implementation of EDAS;
- Supporting the definition, the design and the implementation of new KM related projects in line with the strategic objectives and directorates' needs;
- When appropriate, liaising with contractor companies in charge of KM projects to ensure the duly and timely implementation of agreed requirements;
- Generating and maintaining the ESA knowledge taxonomy;
- In close collaboration with the relevant stakeholders and process owners, supporting the identification of requirements from the directorates; maintaining KM tools accordingly:
- Supporting the evolution of the KM Toolkit by identifying the best suiting technological platform fulfilling the requirements of the ESA Knowledge HUB; inclusion of the “ESA Taxonomy” and relevant contents in the HUB; supporting selected Directorates in their implementation of KM policy and related processes and tools including the installation of Directorate KM Portals” on different business units on demand;
- Monitoring user engagement and content curation related to KM tools;
- Maintaining and updating the information repository catalogue, that is, an inventory of the master sources of information at ESA;
- Supporting the development of an expert directory;
- Supporting the development and implementation of the enterprise search engine, as user representative;
- In collaboration with and in support to HR, contributing actively to ad-hoc HR related projects e.g. competency management, learning and development, training function;
- In collaboration with ESA Corporate IT, analysing and testing KM related IT solutions and tools; monitoring their use and measuring their effectiveness;
- In cooperation with ESA Communication Office, promoting actively the importance of KM by developing KM awareness programs to inform staff and external customers of KM resources and systems; contributing to the outreach and promotion of ESA’s KM programme;
- Supporting the development of the necessary procedures to promote KM in a systematic way and ensuring compliance with ISO 9001:2015.
- Supporting knowledge capture activities;
- Supporting the work on opening ESA library worldwide by identifying materials that can be published, suitable platforms and creating the necessary governance for maintenance and update;
- Coordinating the organization of events, such as KM workshops and conferences;
- Supporting the implementation of an ESA KM policy; analysing innovative KM solutions and run studies on state-of-the-art methods on KM, including benchmarking of other organizations;
- Supporting the maintenance of KM software and servers.
The Ideal Candidate
- The candidate should have a PhD or MSc Engineering from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent along with minimum 4 years of relevant experience;
- An experience with KM policies, procedures, tools and practices; a specific experience in project management;
- Experience in an international environment; in project management, and communication;
- Capability of establishing and maintaining high level interfaces within and outside the Agency;
- Autonomy in the execution of tasks and ability to manage his/her workload, identifying priorities and strategic actions and dealing with colleagues in the Unit; ability to cope with pressure, meet deadlines and deliver on time;
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another Member State language is an asset;
- Good communication skills, verbal (in public and during formal meetings) and written; ability to work in a team.
Please note that the closing date for the applications is on 10/10/2017.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 60,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you