IT Support Engineer
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our dynamic team in Brussels we are looking for an IT Support Engineer to join Serco in a challenging mission at the European Commission. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
Our client works in close cooperation with all the relevant stakeholders to ensure an orderly resolution of failing banks with minimum impact on the real economy and the public finances of the participating Member States and beyond.
- Provide technical assistance over the phone or by mail and support for incoming queries and issues related to the network, computer systems, software, and hardware;
- Support 1st and 2nd level;
- Recording incidents in the Service Management Tool;
- Instruct end users on ICT services, develop documentation and written instructions;
- Maintaining existing User guides;
- Train computer users;
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems;
- Install, move, modify, and repair computer hardware and software for users;
- Participating in development of Windows 10 Operating system images;
- Maintaining content in knowledge database system.
The Ideal Candidate
- 4-7 years of relevant professional experience in the IT sector;
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent by experience;
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support;
- Good language and communication skills;
- Knowledge of relevant call tracking applications. Having worked with OMNITRACKER is an asset;
- Proven working knowledge with Cisco Collaboration technologies (Voice, Video, Presence, Contact Centre) is an asset;
- Knowledge of Cisco (VoIP) telephony solutions.
Analysis and technical skills:
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite 2013/2016, certifications is an asset;
- Have one or more of Microsoft/Cisco certifications is an asset;
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified;
- Knowledge of SCCM 2012 is an asset;
- Experience in using tools such a MDT, SCCM 2007/2012, WAIK/Windows ADK etc.
Soft skills Requirements:
- An attitude to work as a team player;
- Sharing knowledge and skills with the team;
- Can consistently follow protocol and instructions.
- The Workstation Administrator will be part of a team composed by other workstation and system administrators and reports to the Service Desk Manager.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
This position can be offered as a Permanent or Freelance position.
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies