At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Workstation Administrator, based in Brussels.
Context / Introduction
Serco is looking for two Workstation Administrators for its team inside one of our prestigious clients in the sector of European bank regulation. As a Workstation Administrator (WSA), you will be part of a team composed by other workstation administrators and work under the supervision of a Service Desk Manager. The work location is based in the center of Brussels at a walking distance from Central Station and the historic center (Grand Place, Royal Palace). For your information, if you are selected, we offer a permanent contract with an attractive salary and an appealing package of extralegal advantages. Normal working hours.
As a strong Workstation Administrator
- You provide technical assistance over the phone or by mail and support for incoming queries and issues related to the network, computer systems, software, and hardware.
- You record incidents in the Service Management Tool.
- You instruct end users on ICT services, develop documentation and written instructions.
- You maintaining existing User guides.
- You train computer users.
- You maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- You install, move, modify, and repair computer hardware and software for users.
- You maintain content in knowledge database system.
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate
Your technical skills
- You have strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite 2013/2016
- You are ITIL V3 Foundation certified
- You are experienced with tools such SCCM 2007/2012, WAIK/Windows ADK (this is a strong asset).
Your soft skills
- You are a real team player
- You like to learn, share knowledge and to help your team members to grow with you
- You are able to consistently follow protocol and instructions
- You hold a Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent experience
- 7 years of work experience + master of 5 years
- or 9 years of work experience + bachelor 3 years
- or 12 years of work experience without studies
- You have experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support.
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of French is an asset.
- You have knowledge of relevant call tracking applications. Having worked with OMNITRACKER is an asset.
- Your knowledge of Cisco (VoIP) telephony solutions is an asset.
- You have proven working knowledge with Cisco Collaboration technologies (Voice, Video, Presence..)
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies