At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for two Web Developers, based in Frankfurt, Germany.
The position is offered as a fixed-term contract until 31/12/2020.
The successful candidate will concentrate his/her activities on the following tasks:
- Maintenance, evolution, development, integration, testing and documenting websites (e.g. ECB Website, Intranet, Extranet sites) and web application modules to meet agreed business specifications;
- Development, evolution and maintenance of the core ECB CMS.
- Job Queue
- Module to manage the job queue, allowing scheduling jobs that execute according to the system clock.
- User administration
- Module to manage user and groups rights
- Sync tool – module to sync files between staging, preview, internal and live servers.
- Log management module
- Module to review the log of operations that happened in the CMS, allows tracking of actions performed in the system
- Development of new features through WordPress plugins.
- Development and maintenance of the forms still active in the system
- Development, evolution and maintenance of additional CMS modules
- Optimisation of the performance of websites;
- Designing and drafting technical specifications of applications systems in line with the functional and non-functional requirements;
- Conducting technical testing and preparing the relevant technical documentation;
- Supporting end-users during acceptance tests and operational teams during migration to the production environment;
- Investigating, diagnosing and resolving bugs and incidents in the post go-live support of operations;
- Developing appropriate scripts and procedures for the build and packing of application components;
- Reviewing and implementing security policies ensuring data consistency and integrity;
- Developing a working knowledge of business processes implemented in the applications;
- Providing training to 1st and 2nd level support staff with new procedures and techniques for application maintenance.
- Supporting other internal processes (such as procurement or audit activities) by providing/producing the required information or deliverables.
- Support to social network and multimedia.
The ideal candidate should bring the following skills and experience:
- Code maintenance and security review of existing modules;
- AngularJS and VueJS a plus;
- Website content management and/or website design/screen design, including rapid conversion of documents of various origins into XHTML with embedded PHP, XML and other formats;
- Preparation of documentation according to ECB internal standards and frameworks;
- World Wide Web consortium (W3C) Recommendations (standards produced by the W3C) and their practical implementation in complex websites;
- Web GUI layout design, HTML, CSS (especially familiarity with browser-specific support and bugs), including validation techniques against W3C recommendations.
- Expert level support for Internet/Intranet application production incidents and problems escalated by the ECB operational support teams.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies