User experience expert (UEE) min level 7 max level 9 - 8032
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a User experience expert (UEE) min level 7max level 9 - 8032 for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As User experience expert (UEE) min level 7max level 9 - 8032 you will be responsible for:
- Facilitates participatory design, design sprints, conversational design.
- Prepares quantitative and qualitative research and analysis.
- Field studies.
- Usability studies.
- User requirements research.
- Task flows.
- Heuristic evaluations.
- Synthesis of UX research, web analytics data, as well as surveys, legacy, and organizational goals.
- Presents reports.
- UX writing.
- Problem solving attitude.
- Data-driven decision-making.
- Service design.
- Coach, mentor, and transfer UX knowledge across the organisation.
- Communicate the organisation’s strategic vision and goals from an end-user’ point of view.
- Works closely with business and cross functional teams to reach desired organizational goals.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION
- IT or Business Degree
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience as a UX consultant, UX researcher, Digital communicator or equivalent.
- A portfolio that shows the ability to work across various industries.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Experience with UI Design tools - Sketch, Adobe Suite XD or equivalent.
- Knowledge of web technologies and standards (e.g., HTML, XML, CSS, SEO, web analytics).
- Knowledge of prototyping, wireframing, interaction flows, information architecture and user testing.
Following skills are required for the performance of the above listed tasks:
- Develop trusted relationships with business leaders across a company to help them integrate user experience capabilities as a strategic asset.
- Excellent communicator.
- Task oriented and result focused.
- Maintain high standards for quality of work.
- Ability to convince high level management, back up with arguments and confidence.
- Team worker and ego-free attitude.
- Strong communication skills English: Understanding (C1), Speaking (C1), Writing (C1)
Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation such as the European Commission, candidates should also have the following non-technical skills:
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team;
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on multiple large projects;
- Excellent Team Player
- Ability to understand, speak and write English at Level C1
- Ability to understand, speak and write French at level B1 is an advantage
- High degree of discretion and integrity is required as the applications managed and maintained in DIGIT B4 contain personal and confidential data
CERTIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS
Following certificates & standards are required for the performance of tasks:
- User centred design.
- Usability and accessibility standards.
- Participatory design (design sprints, visual conversation).
- Research techniques.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies