Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a User Support based at ESTEC.
We are looking for a skilled IT generalist with the ability to handle multiple technologies and take ownership of the technical tasks presented to them.
The successful candidate will concentrate his/her activities on the following tasks and responsibilities:
* Provide some 1st , 2nd level added-value IT support to 200 users.
* Quick respond to requests for service received by phone, email and in person, providing resolution, escalation when necessary and subsequent management of incidents.
* Pro-active identification of potential incidents and providing resolutions before the incident occurs.
* Logging all received requests for assistance and maintaining ownership of the request until completion.
* Installation and maintenance of Windows and Mac desktops, laptops and peripherals as required.
* Provide application support for ESA Standard software packages as required.
* Provide application support for non-standard software.
* Active participation in IT projects as required.
* Creation of documentation for user support tasks when required.
* User account management and process management for new and departing users.
* Liaise with the third parties to redirect issues to the responsible teams on behalf of SRE users.
* Assist in the recommendation for hardware and software purchases
* Assist in testing of software and hardware purchases.
* Assist in monitoring of existing systems to ensuring correct operation.
* Printer maintenance such as toner replacement and minor repairs.
* Cycling of LTO backup tapes.
* Operation of loan equipment pools.
* Work in a varying day time shift patern.
The Ideal Candidate
The idea candidate should have the following skills and experience:
* Knowledge of PC desktops, laptops, Apple Mac laptops, iPhones and various peripherals in stand alone and networked environments.
* Knowledge of server and SAN hardware a strong advantage.
* HP Printers and digital senders in a network environment.
* Knowledge of Office network equipment (mini-hubs, switches, etc).
* Good knowledge of Windows 201x, Windows 10, and macOS.
* Good knowledge of Internet software such as various web browsers and FTP clients.
* Ability to support MSOffice, Lotus Notes, McAfee Antivirus, Adobe Acrobat.
* Knowledge of Active directory Users and Computers.
* Knowledge of a call logging system.
* Ability to support ad-hoc client and server applications.
* Linux experience an advantage.
* Experience supporting Citrix from an end user perspective.
* Citrix Server experience beneficial.
* Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint useful.
* Work as part of a team but must also be able to self manage.
* Methodical and flexible approach.
* Customer and results focused.
* Enthusiasm in learning new products and tasks.
* Experience working with ITIL an advantage.
* Good time management.
* A desire to provide exceptional customer service.
* Good analytical and problem solving skills
* Self-motivated with good organisational skills.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies