User Helpdesk Operator
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in EUMETSAT, we are currently looking for a User Helpdesk Operator.
The position is offered as a fixed-term contract for 1 year with a possibility of extension as a cover for maternity leave.
The User Helpdesk Support is an essential interface to the external user community and a key element supporting the enhancement of EUMETSAT’s reputation in the eyes of its external users. The main aim of the User Helpdesk Support is to provide a one-stop-shop for EUMETSAT’s user community by providing an enquiry processing and user registration service. The ideal candidate shall perform the day-to-day activities of the User Helpdesk at EUMETSAT, these tasks include the following.
1. User Enquiry Tasks:
- Registering and tracking user enquiries using a database system;
- Corresponding with EUMETSAT's user community primarily by e-mail and occasionally by telephone to assist users with their enquiries:
- Responding directly to the user for simple (off-the-shelf) enquiries in accordance with agreed service specifications and working practice;
- Assigning internal and external actionees (experts) to provide input for detailed (bespoke) enquiries;
- Relaying and reformatting the feedback from actionees to the end user and conveying received user feedback to the appointed actionee;
- Interacting with external helpdesk services within partner organisations to transfer and to receive user enquiries;
- Monitoring the progress of the all open enquiries until completion, i.e. following up with actionees on their assigned tickets.
2. User Registration Tasks:
- Registering users of data services in a database and assigning services to these users as per their registration;
- Interacting with experts in the Legal Affairs and Finance Divisions where relevant (i.e. as part of the data licensing and decryption hardware and software payment process);
- Dispatching decryption hardware and software to users;
- Monitoring the progress of all open registrations until completion.
3. Provision of imagery and analysis support to the International Charter Space and Major Disasters:
- Circulating incoming requests for satellite imagery to the relevant internal teams;
- Uploading the resulting imagery to the Charter online tool;
- Assisting in the recording of Charter Project Manager feedback and Charter end user feedback.
4. User Interaction Administration Tasks:
- Recording and filing correspondence and documentation related to user interactions;
- Maintaining the content of reports used for analysing user enquiries against agreed service level targets;
- Maintaining the user contact details and profiles in databases and registration systems and providing inputs to future enhancements of these systems;
- Assisting in the preparation of customer surveys and the recording of results;
- Maintaining User Service Helpdesk working practice documentation.
5. Attendance at Daily Operations Meetings:
- Attending operational morning briefings to be aware of events/anomalies effecting the EUMETSAT operational services and to report, as needed, on user feedback received relating to these events/anomalies.
The activities of the User Helpdesk Support will involve a significant amount of liaison with other personnel at EUMETSAT as well as partner organisations.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and experience with the following is considered essential for the key person:
- Proven experience in using MS Office, including familiarity with the use of MS Word, MS Excel spreadsheets and MS Outlook.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English.
- Experience in working within a team.
- Experience in working as a first-line interface with customers, including responding to customer questions.
- Experience in using a ticketing tool or equivalent to record customer enquiries or feedback.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to ensure responses to customers are handled in a professional manner.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
Serco European Agencies