UX/UI specialist with good knowledge of Angular (21647, min 3 years experience)
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a UX/UI specialist with good knowledge of Angular for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
The candidate will contribute to the activities listed below (non-exhaustive list):
• Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications
• Contribute to Establish User Interface and Ergonomics guidelines.
• Design mock-ups.
• Conduct workshops with users, participate to usability tests.
• Ensure the design is compliant with corporate rules and guidelines.
The technical environment is the following:
• Usage of Adobe XD / Sketch/ Figma to design screens
• The development is adhering to the java-based EC reference architecture based on JaveEE and Angular.
• The development is based on an agile methodology and the Jira/Confluence ecosystem.
The experience stated in the framework contract for the requested profile.
• Practical experience proving the capability to execute the tasks described in the above description of tasks.
• Good knowledge of English (spoken, written)
• Rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working.
• Proactive attitude, communicative (i.e. good listener) and customeroriented.
• Proven expertise in User Experience design: design of screens from requirements, usability principles, visual design practices, and design of reusable components.
• Very good knowledge of Adobe XD/ Sketch / Figma and related tools.
The work will be carried out on a full-time basis at the Commission’s premises in Brussels. The service providers will have frequent meetings in the Commission's services in Brussels and occasional meetings in the Commission’s premises in Luxembourg.
The working languages are both English and French.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies