Cancelled UX/UI Specialist (3845, L3)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a UX/UI Specialist, based in Brussels.
- Analysis of the user interface requirements.
- Design of wireframes and mock-ups (or other visual prototyping) which lead to intuitive user experience and translation of business concepts into system interface.
- User interface design specifications.
- Finding efficient solutions for problems linked to multi-device development (e.g. desktop screen vs. smartphone).
- Development of user interfaces.
- Development of back-end components.
- Performance of unit tests.
- Visual prototypes.
- User-centred approach for evaluation of user interfaces (including usability studies on real stakeholders and/or clients).
- Elaborate navigation mapping design.
The Ideal Candidate
In-depth knowledge of experience in the following domains:
- Good knowledge of user interface ergonomics.
- Knowledge of UX design best practices, especially: good understanding of responsive design and mobile-first design.
- Ability to work with clients and analysts and to understand business vision on high and low level.
- Will to help to teams and openness to receive feedback for design improvements.
- Knowledge of web technologies and standards including at least general knowledge of current legislative regulation (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 level AA).
- Strong capacity in writing and presenting studies.
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, excellent communicator.
- Capability of working in an international/ multicultural environment.
- Experience of XML, XSD, Java, J2EE and Oracle is an asset.
- Experience with the following tools/ frameworks: o Visio, o Maven, o Kendo UI, o GIT.
- Very good knowledge of web services.
- Ability to work in English.
- Documents will be written in English.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies