UX UI- User Experience/User Interface Specialist (8986, L4)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a UX UI- User Experience/User Interface Specialist based in Brussels.
1. Analysis and design of user interfaces and creation of visual prototypes to enhance the interactive experience of users.
2. Production of graphics for use on websites, social media, promotional material and presentations (brochures, folders, leaflets, posters, information packs for various target groups, PowerPoint slides, etc.) including:
- Data visualisation/infographics for the programmes managed by INEA: key figures by theme and country on calls, funding and projects, INEA’s place in and share of H2020
- Data visualisation/infographics on INEA including key information on the Agency’s role, programmes, budget figures, experts, staff and projects
- Standard template for leaflets (3fold, 2fold, booklets)
- Standard PowerPoint presentations about INEA
- Data visualization/infographics of KPIs and other information for the Annual Activity Report
- Creation of visual identity, logos, icon/pictogram sets, colours, fonts etc. for the programmes and sectors managed: transport, energy, telecoms
- Social media banners
- Desktop publishing (leaflets, brochures, etc.)
3. Providing these graphic elements under various supports:
- HTML for the INEA website and Intranet (Drupal)
- PowerPoint (template provided by INEA)
- InDesign files for eventual publications
- Illustrator drawings and Photoshop images
- Social media (Twitter, LinkedIn)
4. Participation in meetings with project teams and user groups
5. In co-operation with the Head of Sector and Head of Unit contribute to other communication activities where such contribution is deemed necessary
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and experience:
- Good knowledge of user interface ergonomics
- Very good knowledge of web technologies and standards (HTML, XHTML, and Cascading Style Sheets -CSS).
- Experience with Drupal.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with designing web user interfaces
- Minimum 3 years expertise in tools used for the design of web user interfaces
- Knowledge of design and graphical tools (Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop).
- Knowledge of free software alternatives like Gimp and Scribus is a plus.
- Strong capacity in writing and presenting studies.
- Proven conceptual understanding of content structuring, access and presentation elements.
- Good knowledge of desktop publishing tools, techniques and standards.
- Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment.
- Creative, autonomous and pro-active.
- Service-minded with very good communication and people skills.
- Capacity to plan, analyse and structure information well.
- Ability to work in a team and share knowledge.
- Very good knowledge of English (both written and oral).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies