Transmission Engineer (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: Transmission Engineer
The contractor shall support NCIA NSII NCI Transmission Services with the following tasks:
• Assist the lead engineers in providing Level 2 and 3 support for the managed transmission infrastructure services, particularly network management, system maintenance and engineering support on related NGCS and AirC2 Link 1 components and associated networks and their interfaces, applications and protocols;
• Provide on-line network management to cover fault, performance, accounting, configuration and security management of services provisioned via transmission components of NGCS and AirC2 Link 1, mainly in legacy TOM, and secondary IP/MPLS;
• Provide engineering assistance for networking, interconnections through smart intelligent multiplexes and various data switching and routing equipment, and terminating equipment including modem and cryptographic equipment;
• Provide engineering assistance in operations and maintenance of the assigned transmission systems, their interfaces and protocols;
• Provide engineering assistance in evaluation of incident reports trend analysis of the assigned systems and services and their associated networks;
• Provide engineering assistance in preparation of Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), operational advice notices, system / equipment configuration, interface standards and procedures as requested and upon each and every change in within managed services and systems;
• Provide technical support in planning and implementation of system configuration changes and enhancement suggestions;
• Provide specialist advice and knowledge transfer to other staff members on matters concerning specialist competency area;
• Conduct technical reviews to ensure implementation projects comply with services and deployable systems requirements
• Assist in development, maintenance and review of technical documentation to contribute to creation and improvement of methods, procedures and tools in relation to transmission services provisioning and design for both NGCS, DCIS and AirC2 Link 1 managed systems and services;
• Verify, maintains, prepares and posts services and systems documentation, to include engineering guidance notes for CSU and AirC2 Link 1 technical personnel;
• Assist and advise remotes sites to resolve technical transmission services incidents.
The Ideal Candidate
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• University degree in ICT System Engineering;
• In-depth knowledge and experience in the installation, testing, integration and programming and configuration of telecommunications multiplexers on switched and TOM networks;
• In-depth knowledge of Alcatel Lucent Service Routers, Service Access Router and Switches, as well as Cisco routing and switching equipment
• In-depth knowledge and experience of legacy communications networks (TOM, SOH, ATM, synchronization);
• General knowledge of modern communications systems such as IP/MPLS, OWOM technology.
• Ability to effectively work and communicate in English.
• Experience on specific Customer transmission networks, interfaces and encryption devices;
• Related field experience in operation, administration and maintenance of digital telecommunication and transmission systems;
• Valid/active Alcatel Lucent Network Routing Specialist II (NRS II) or higher (or equivalent demonstrable knowledge).
• Valid/active Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) routing and switching or higher certification (or equivalent demonstrable knowledge).
• Related field experience and knowledge related to RAD Megaplex family of products and management tools;
• NET/SONUS Promina experience and knowledge.
Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies