Transmission Engineer (2x) (NATO Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: Transmission Engineer (2x)
The contractor shall support NCIA NSII NCI Transmission Services with the
• Assist the lead engineers in providing Level 2 and 3 support for the managed
transmission infrastructure services, particularly network management,
system maintenance and engineering support on related NGCS and DCIS
components and associated networks and their interfaces, applications and
• Provide on-line network management to cover fault, performance,
accounting, configuration and security management of services provisioned
via transmission components of NGCS and DCIS, both legacy TDM and current
• Provide engineering assistance for networking, interconnections
through smart intelligent multiplexes and various data switching and routing
equipment, and terminating equipment including. modem and cryptographic
• Provide engineering assistance in operations and maintenance of
the assigned transmission systems, their interfaces and protocols.
engineering assistance in evaluation of incident reports trend analysis of the
assigned systems and services and their associated networks.
engineering assistance in preparation of Engineering Change Proposals (ECP),
operational advice notices, system / equipment configuration, interface
standards and procedures as requested and upon each and every change in
within managed services and systems.
• Provide technical support in planning
and implementation of system configuration changes and enhancement
• Provide specialist advice and knowledge transfer to other staff
members on matters concerning specialist competency area.
technical reviews to ensure implementation projects comply with services and
deployable systems requirements.
• Assist in development, maintenance and
review of technical documentation to contribute to creation and improvement
of methods, procedures and tools in relation to transmission services
provisioning and design for both NGCS and DCIS managed systems and services
• Verify, maintains, prepares and posts services and systems documentation,
to include engineering guidance notes for CSU, CSSC and DCIS technical
• Assist and advise remotes sites to resolve technical transmission
The Ideal Candidate
The consultant assigned to this post will hold a university degree in ICT System Engineering and supplemented by substantial qualifications within the C4ISR Domain, coupled 3 years of experience in O&M of digital and IP based telecommunication and transmission systems OR higher secondary education and advanced vocational training in Telecommunication engineering and supplemented by substantial qualifications within the C4ISR
Domain coupled with 8 years of experience in O&M of digital and IP based telecommunication and transmission systems.
Furthermore, it would be preferable that the applicant has 1 year
of NATO experience in this specific area.
• In-depth knowledge of Alcatel Lucent Service Routers, Service Access Router and Switches, as well as Cisco routing and switching equipment.
• General experience in the installation, testing, integration and programming and configuration of IP/MPLS routing, switched and TDM networks.
• Knowledge and experience of modern communications systems such as IP/MPLS, DWDM as well legacy and TDM technology.
• Valid/active Alcatel Lucent Network Routing Specialist II (NRS II) or higher (or equivalent demonstrable knowledge).
• Valid/active Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) routing and switching or higher certification (or equivalent demonstrable knowledge).
• Ability to effectively work and communicate in English.
• Experience on specific NATO transmission networks, interfaces and encryption devices.
• Related field experience in operation, administration and maintenance of digital and IP based telecommunication and transmission systems.
• SDH technology knowledge and/or experience.
• Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
• Related field experience and knowledge related to RAD Megaplex family of products and management tools
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies