We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a Training Officer in Darmstadt.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :) Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Organisation for the European Space Operations Centre (ESOC) based in Darmstadt, Germany.
European Space Operations Centre (ESOC), Darmstadt, Germany, tracks and controls European spacecraft, and develops and manages ground systems. As Europe’s centre of excellence for satellite operations, ESOC is home to the engineering teams that control spacecraft in orbit and build the systems on the ground that support missions in space.
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
As Traning Officer you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Train Engineers and Operators in the relevant procedures to enable them to:
- Configure and monitor station configurations for satellite passes as well as data transmissions and performance. Be able to troubleshoot the systems to minimise impact on the service.
- Offer computer and network support to all eligible users – including incident, problem, change request and user request/complaints handling.
- Supervise and coordinate scheduled support activities;
- Operation, fault finding and repair on the network and on active network components (CISCO) using Ethernet and TCP/IP protocols and by logging on/commanding active network components.
- Support of LEOP (Launch and Early Orbit) activities.
- Develop and maintain training material and deliver courses.
- Administer, maintain and develop the ESTRACK and IT certification process to maintain and document continuous proficiency of the service teams.
- Develop, introduce and maintain new operational procedures and documentation.
- Support the management of the operational services.
- Develop and coordinate on-the-job refresher training programmes for the teams.
- Manage and coordinate external training, collecting the inputs for the Training Plan, keeping it updated once approved, and following it up through the year, coordinating every party’s efforts.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- You require a University (or similar) degree in engineering, physics or similar applicable discipline or can demonstrate extensive related professional experience.
- Knowledge of document management / knowledge management concepts a plus.
- Fluent in English, both in speech and writing.
- Self-starter, able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Pro-active and confident personality with good persuasive skills.
- Team-player, able to interface with technical and management personnel.
- Well-organised, able to prioritise and manage several tasks in parallel.
- Solid IT knowledge, including Linux, networking concepts and common tools and software applications.
- Service mentality and solid understanding of a KPI driven service environment.
- Able to write and present documentation, procedures and training material/presentations.
- Sound experience and knowledge of training methodologies and supervision of team members.
- PC literacy: MS Office Products, Lotus Notes, ITSM tools.
Note: All applicants must hold a current valid work permit for Germany or be EU nationals.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies