Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
We are looking for a Test Engineer for joining the Serco Engineering team.
Main tasks are:
- Define Software validation test plans and procedures;
- Establish validation standards;
- Develop testing plans and protocols;
- Directing validation activities;
- Resolving testing problems;
- Document test results and maintain records for later analysis;
- Always ensure quality issues are addressed and resolved prior to SW release;
- Keep up to date on overall validation activities, identify issues early and take constructive, corrective actions Interpreting customer requirements;
- Provide innovative solutions to common problems;
- Interface with third party suppliers;
- Support to Software Transfer To Operations activities.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate should bring the following skills and experience:
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline,
- 2 years validation experience or similar role;
- Good knowledge of Linux (Red Hat and CentOS);
- Knowledge in Python and Linux shell scripting;
- Familiar with writing test /validation code in Linux environments;
- Knowledge of Software validation process and testing methodologies;
- Knowledge of ESA ECSS standards;
- Basic Project Planning skills,
- Requirements Definition and Analysis.
- Fluent in English;
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills;
- Good communications skills;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good time-management skills;
- Capacity of achieving schedule and milestones,
- Capacity of working under pressure.
Preferable: English Certification (≥ B1)
If candidates with equally relevant experience are identified, preference will be given to candidates within "Categorie Protette (Law 68/99)" or registered in “lista di mobilità” (only applicable in case of Italian candidates).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
About the Company
Serco Italia Spa, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco European Agencies