Technology Expert with specific experience in network management (22547, min 13 years ecperience)
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a Technology Expert with specific experience in network management for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
Nature of the tasks:
The tasks are related to expert advice, assistance and technology watch in network
management, architectural considerations, applicable standards, solution patterns and best
practices in the ICT infrastructure domain of DG European Civil Protection and
Humanitarian Operations. Additional tasks are risk analysis and review of the network
infrastructure. It is expected that the Contractor’s service provider will ensure technical
directions and choices, will design, realize and validate long-term, reliable and adaptive
technical solutions. The service provider will also intervene directly on the equipment to be
setup & packed before the shipping to final destination and for this, will be asked to come
physically to the DG ECHO premises.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Minimum 6 years of IT professional experience from which at least 4 years real & proven experience in managing network equipment and structures.
• CISCO certification.
• Very good knowledge of DNS and DHCP principles.
• Good knowledge of secure network connectivity (VPN connections).
• Very good knowledge of network monitoring tools.
• Good knowledge of VOIP & Unified Communications.
• Good knowledge about MCSA is considered an advantage.
• Rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working; proactive attitude, communicative and customer-oriented.
• Experience in providing services for multi-country structures including developing countries is considered an advantage.
• Experience in installation and configuration of network components and particular with Cisco & Meraki brands.
• Experience in monitoring of network resources.
• CISCO CCNA certification
• IT service continuity management.
• Very good knowledge of security management of the network against internal and external attacks.
• Knowledge of Voice over IP technology.
• Experience with network access management and authentication principles.
Seen as an asset:
• Experience in the management of Infrastructure in a large organisation or company.
• Experience in advice and assistance of Firewall systems;
• Experience in the elaboration and implementation of Disaster Recovery Plans;
• Experience in the elaboration of security guidelines and procedures.
Working in DG ECHO and for ECHOFIELD offices spread all over the world in a multilingual & multicultural diversified environment:
• English advanced both written and oral
• Advanced knowledge of French is seen as an asset
• Team player with appropriate social and communication skills.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies