Technology Expert in business analysis/UML/RUP (9010, L5)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Expert in Business analysis based in Brussels.
- Provide expertise for the IT strategy and the IS business architecture.
- Elaboration of functional and non-functional requirements and business case analysis.
- Perform business process analysis and business process modelling.
- Draft and review use cases and other technical documents together with IT project staff to ensure business requirements will be adequately implemented.
- Follow-up of tasks and provide quality assurance of implementation deliverables.
- Acts as a liaison between end-users, technical analysts, information technology analysts, consultants and other organizations in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of IT systems to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Work together with the users to perform functional requirements and business case analysis. Negotiate with the users the functionalities to be delivered.
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes. Assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Produce the relevant artefacts defined by the Commission Enterprise IT Architecture Framework (CEAF) and by RUP.
- Participate in user acceptance testing and testing of new functionalities of the systems.
- Provide technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching professional and technical staff.
- Provide work direction to technical staff and acts as a team lead on designated projects or assignments.
The Ideal Candidate
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- In-depth knowledge of information systems matters and business processes analysis.
- Very good critical and creative thinking skills.
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills.
- In depth knowledge of modelling and analysis tools.
- Quick learning ability is required as well as teamwork spirit and ability to integrate in a multilingual and multicultural environment.
- Pro-active, motivated, pragmatic and diplomatic behaviour is required.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Very good knowledge of software development processes.
- Very good knowledge of RUP, UML 2, BPMN 2.
- Good knowledge of RUP@EC and ARIS is a plus.
- Knowledge of TOGAF is a plus.
- Strong capacity in writing reports and project artefacts (e.g. functional use cases, business cases, Vision documents).
- Strong capacity to give high-level presentations.
- Good understanding of the Commission business processes is an asset. – Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
- Good knowledge of Agile principles.
- The candidate should be fluent in English both orally and in writing. A sufficient knowledge of French is an important advantage.
- The candidate should be able to work both independently and within an international/multicultural team and should have excellent interpersonal skills.
- The candidate will have rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in a team.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies