Technology Expert experienced in the field of front end technologies, JavaEE back-end technologies and architecture (22871, min 7 yerars experience)
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a Technology Expert experienced in the field of front end technologies, JavaEE back-end technologies and architecture for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
The successful candidate will provide Technology Expert services for the projects maintained by B4.
The candidate will contribute to the activities listed below (non-exhaustive list):
• Task 1: expert advice and coaching on Information System architecture and technologies.
• Task 2: assistance with the implementation of the technical architecture into information system development projects.
• Task 3: assistance with the conception, design and assessment of Information Systems technical architecture.
The technology environment chosen is as follows:
• The development is adhering to the java-based EC reference architecture based on JaveEE and angular.
• Interoperability is achieved based on SOA principles and Oracle Service Bus.
• The data is stored in an Oracle Database 11G.
• The development is based on an agile methodology and the Jira/Confluence ecosystem.
• The experience stated in the framework contract for the requested profile.
• Practical experience proving the capability to execute the tasks described in the above description of tasks.
• Good knowledge of English and French (spoken, written)
• Rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working.
• Proactive attitude, communicative (i.e. good listener) and customer-oriented.
• Proven expertise in system architecture and design: persistency, interoperability,
transactions, distributed system, concurrent systems, asynchronous communications,
performance, scalability and security.
• Proven expertise in some Java back-end technologies: IoC, JPA, JTA, XML, XSD, WSDL, SOAP, REST, JMS.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies