Technology Expert - Data technology expertise (21934, L0)
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a technology Expert for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Technology Expert you will be responsible for:
- Analysis of the integration of different information systems
- Data analysis and data modelling
- Development and refinement of machine learning models and AI algorithms
- Coordination of the implementation of the technical architecture
- Technical interface between the project leaders and the developers
- Production of software architecture documents
- Review of the architecture of existing systems
- Design and development of architecture components and building blocks
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users
- Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical documentation, deployment, evaluation and reporting
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
Knowledge and skills
- Education in the field of Computer Systems
- Good knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge and proven experience in several of these fields:
- Data preparation for Machine Learning (Deep Learning) algorithms
- Machine Learning (Deep Learning) techniques in solutions development
- Databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and DocumentDB
- Data warehousing and big data
- Data Mining
- Data science / data analytics tools and technologies such as Python, R, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Jupyter Notebook, Terraform, KNIME etc.
- Interactive data visualisation using BI tools and techniques (PowerBI...);
- Knowledge of Docker containerisation and software virtualisation and deployment is an asset
- Knowledge of project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum) is an asset
Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation such as the European Commission, candidates should also have the following non-technical skills:
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings
- Ability to understand, speak and write in English (French is considered as an asset)
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work with a high degree of rigour and method and, more specifically, to follow naming conventions and coding standards
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on a large project
As the applications managed and maintained in DIGIT.D1 could contain personal and confidential data, a high degree of discretion and integrity is required from all our contractors.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant studies after secondary school (2 years of professional experience can compensate 1 year of study)
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in IT.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in project management (e.g. PM2), Agile or another software development process methodology.
- Minimum a total of 3 years of experience in big data and analytics and particular in Cloud architecture design of applications in this domain.
- Minimum a total of 3 years of experience in database design and implementation.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies