Technology Expert - Architecture, design, implementation, support and operation of solutions in the field of IT security (23571, L 5)
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a Technology Expert for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
NATURE OF THE TASKS
This expert resource will take-up the following task assignments within the context of Identity
and Access Management components:
• Main activity – Architecture, design, implementation, support and operation of solutions in the field of IT security, more specifically identity and access management;
• Provisioning expert advice and assistance on identity and access management related
• Participation in technical working groups;
• Production of technical documents and studies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
The candidate will join a team where internal coaching will be provided in order to increase
his/her expertise in Java, IT security, secure coding and identity and access management. As a prerequisite, the candidate is expected to have the following knowledge and skills:
• Java – Good and well-structured knowledge backed with practical experience of both
the language and the platform (e.g. syntax and semantics of the Java language, APIs of
the Java Development Kit, garbage collection strategies, memory spaces, class loaders,
• Good understanding of inheritance, polymorphism, SOLID principles, data types, concurrency, design patterns, unit testing;
• Sound experience in build tools such as Maven, Ant and Gradle.
• Experienced with the Atlassian stack: Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo
• Experienced in using SVN and Git on a daily basis;
• Application unit testing – At least 1 year of experience in using jUnit and Mockito
• Web concepts – Good understanding of HTTP, HTTPS, Web Services (SOAP and REST);
• Experienced in Spring, Spring Boot, Struts
• Be proficient in cloud and container-based deployments with any of the following: Kubernetes and Docker on AWS or AZURE
• In-depth knowledge of big data processing and mining via Kafka, ELK
• In-depth knowledge of SQL and non-SQL based datastores, including performance tuning
• Databases, directories and transactions – Good knowledge of RDBMS (SQL, ACID, XA,
SPLUNK) and/or directories (LDAP);
• Fluent in English (spoken and written);
• Ability to integrate in an international/multi-cultural environment.
Additionally, the candidate is expected to have one year of experience in one or more of the
• Authentication and Authorisation –Knowledge of authentication, authorisation and
federation protocols and the technical standards involved: CAS, SAML, WS-*, OpenID Connect, OAuth, JWT, FIDO, WebAuthn, UAF, TOTP, HOTP, XACML;
• Cryptography – Knowledge of digital signature and encryption: symmetric-key and asymmetric-key algorithms, hashing, certificates, PKI;
• Web Security – Knowledge of techniques used to secure Web applications: TLS, OWASP, Content Security Policy.
Because of the nature of the projects, the candidate must be security clearable
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies