Technology Expert (9017, L5)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Expert, based in Brussels.
- Provision of expert advice and assistance, technology watch, evaluation studies, architectural considerations, applicable standards, solution patterns and best practices in the specific area of enterprise & web content management, XML and portals
- Provision of quality plans, quality assessments, quality control tests, evaluations and service level agreements associated with information system services or projects
- Elaboration of functional and non-functional requirements and business case analysis related to the area of expertise
- Design of distance learning modules for the end users of DIGIT’s information systems, analysis of the user interface requirements, review of usability requirements, design of elearning modules prototypes
- Design of the knowledge bases interface per system and maintenance of their contents
- Production of visual prototypes regarding the functionalities of the information systems
- Management and upload of modules into of two knowledge bases for internal and external users
- Management of learning management systems for the follow up of distance learners
- Follow up of the team's activities, reporting, statistics and quality control Risk analysis
- Participation in coordination and project meetings
- Product evaluation studies, design
- Deep knowledge in the technologies linked to enterprise and web content management
- Good knowledge of web technologies and standards
- Experience in web interface design, including the management of collaborative tools (e.g. Wikis)
- Experience in the management of e-learning projects
- Excellent knowledge of design and graphical tools of the Adobe Suite, including elearning authoring tools (e.g. Captivate)
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems
- Knowledge of virtual classroom tools
- Knowledge of bulk communication tools
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Excellent knowledge of BI, data warehouse technologies
- Knowledge of information systems authentication mode and security
- Proficient knowledge of English
- Working knowledge of French
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Capability to write clear and structured technical documents.
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, very good communication skills
- Capability of working in an international/multicultural environment
- Capability to draft technical documentation / communication related to business process
- Knowledge of project lifecycle management and public procurement procedure in the cooperation development field
- PM² certificated
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies