Technology Expert (8051, L5)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Expert based in Brussels.
Description of tasks:
- Definition of test plans
- Definition of test cases
- Construction of test scenarios and scripts to validate that:
- ETL processes are applied and operating according to the agreed specifications;
- Data transformations are successful and in accordance with the various business requirements and rules;
- Data is loaded into the data warehouse without any loss and according to the agreed performance criteria.
- Tests coordination and execution
- Reporting of test results
- Production of testing results documentation
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users
- Capable of working in teams and active participation in project meetings with stakeholders
- Assistance during relevant parts of analysis and technical documentation
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven knowledge of testing technologies and tools
- ISTQB certified (or in the process of getting certified)
- In-depth understanding of data warehouse design & architecture
- In-depth knowledge of relational database systems applied to data warehouse
- In depth knowledge of SQL and Oracle (12c) RDBMS
- Good knowledge of the Data Vault 2.0 methodology though proven working experience considered a plus
- Good knowledge of ETL tools, in particular BO Data Services v4.2
- Expertise in unit and integration testing of associated ETL, data models and procedures
- Experience in creating data verification unit and integration test plans and test cases based on business and technical specifications
- Experience with dimensional data and Data Vault modelling
- Expertise in data migration, data profiling, and data cleansing
- Hands-on experience with source-to-target mapping in enterprise DWH environment responsible for Quality Assurance tasks in all phases of the implementation.
- Excellent understanding of business requirements development, data analysis, RDBMS design, data warehouse systems development methodologies, business/technical liaising, workflow and quality assurance
- Experienced in business analysis, source system data analysis, architectural reviews, data validation, data testing, resolution of data discrepancies and ETL architecture.
- Ability to cope with fast-changing requirements and technologies used in application developments
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, certification is a plus
Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation such as the European Commission, candidates should also have the following non-technical skills:
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings (French and English);
- Ability to understand, speak and write in English (C1), French is considered a plus;
- Ease of communication;
- Rapid self-starting capability;
- Ability to work in a team, integrate and work in an international/multi-cultural environment, on variable-sized projects;
- Ability to work with a high degree of rigor and method and, more specifically, to follow standards such as, but not limited to, naming conventions and coding standards;
- Meticulous and quality-oriented in work;
- Ability to write technical documentation and specifications in English and optionally in French (considered a plus).
As the applications managed and maintained contain personal and confidential data, the highest standards of integrity and confidentiality are requested from all staff members, including external personnel. In particular, absolute compliance shall be observed with applicable standards for handling information of a confidential or otherwise sensitive nature in relation to the execution of the contract.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum level of education corresponding to level 7 of the European Qualifications Framework (which typically corresponds to a master’s level or 5 years of higher education).
- A minimum number of years of professional experience in the area of testing of Data Warehouse implementation of 10 years
- Proven experience in testing technologies and tools for ETL processes.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies