Technology Expert (8039, L4)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Expert based in Brussels.
Description of tasks:
Nature of the tasks to be carried out (non-exhaustive list)
- Assist the business owners in defining their business needs, collect and analyse business requirements.
- Produce optimized solution requirements and ensure a proper requirements management.
- Supervise a reporting project and coordinate team work
- Design and development of online analytical data processing (OLAP)
- Creation and maintenance of a data warehouse
- Development of data mining solutions
- Design and development of reporting applications with BO 4, Qlikview and Qlicksense
- Database performance analysis
- Writing of technical documentation
- Assistance with deployment and configuration of the system
- Participation in meetings with the project teams
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Skills:
- Project coordination
- Requirement analysis and reporting solution design
- In-depth knowledge of data warehouse design & architecture
- In-depth knowledge of relational database systems applied to data warehouse
- In depth knowledge of SQL and Oracle RDBMS (12c)
- Good knowledge of Business object 4, QlikView and ideally Qlik Sense
- Good knowledge of modelling tools
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies would be an asset
Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation such as the European Commission, candidates should also have the following non-technical skills:
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings (French and English);
- Ability to understand, speak and write in French and English;
- Ease of communication;
- Rapid self-starting capability;
- Ability to work in a team, integrate and work in an international/multicultural environment, on large projects;
- Ability to work with a high degree of rigor and method and, more specifically, to follow naming conventions and coding standards;
- Details and quality oriented;
- Ability to write technical documentation and specifications in French or English.
As the BI Solution delivered and maintained contain personal and confidential data, the highest standards of integrity and confidentiality are requested from all staff members, including external personnel. In particular, absolute compliance shall be observed with applicable standards for handling information of a confidential or otherwise sensitive nature in relation to the execution of the contract.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 24 years of higher studies and professional experience
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience in Business Intelligence
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Data Warehouse
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience with BI reporting tools
- Experience with online analytical processing and data mining
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies