Technology Expert (6742, L5)-Full Stack
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Expert based in Ispra.
Description of tasks:
- Provision of technical solutions and implementation assistance for the design and development of software components for the front-end and back-end (improving processes, database management, code changes and maintenance, web content management, application life cycle management, test driven development, etc.) in line with the new functionalities that need to be implemented;
- Documentation of chosen technical solutions, and new functionality implemented.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills
- A minimum of 13 year’s work experience with the ICT technologies for responsive web based information systems is required, preferably with a Degree in Computer science or related field.
- Experience in providing and implementing technological solutions for responsive mobile applications would be a strong advantage.
- Experience in providing and implementing technological solutions for efficient web browser automation would be a strong advantage.
- Experience in data analysis and modelling with Qlik Sense would be a strong advantage.
Good work experience with the following technologies, in the priority
order given below:
- Angular 6+ and its web components integration capabilities
- Web layout design and implementation with Bootstrap, CSS and HTML
- Groovy, Grails 3+ and Tomcat 8+
- MongoDB DBMS
- Web Browser Automation tools
- Qlik Sense data analysis and modelling
- Capacity to compare and evaluate web development trends
Deep knowledge of technologies to implement advanced web CSS and
HTML interfaces with Angular 6+ by using the integration of heterogeneous
external web components. Deep knowledge of Groovy and MongoDB as
back-end web technologies.
- Good knowledge of English
- Capacity to work efficiently in a multi-disciplinary environment
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies