Technology Expert (6023, L5)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Expert, based in Brussels.
Nature of the tasks
Non-exhaustive list of the tasks to be carried out:
- As Scrum Master, animate the daily stand-up, animate and prepare the Sprint plannings and the retrospective meetings, insure that the sprints are taking place as expected
- Provision of expert advice and assistance, technology watch, evaluation studies, architectural considerations, applicable standards, solution patterns and best practices
- Provision of quality plans, quality assessments, quality control tests, evaluations and service level agreements associated with information system infrastructure services or projects
- Assistance in the implementation of a software engineering methodology
- Provision of security studies, security assessments and other specific security matters related to ICT infrastructures
- Elaboration of functional and non-functional requirements and business case analysis related to the area of expertise
- Elaboration of vision documents focused upon infrastructure components
- Risk analysis
- Review of Information Systems Infrastructure Architectures
- Provision of technical evaluations and audit reports in relation with information systems infrastructure
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills
- In depth knowledge of Web applications design
- Scrum methodology, a Scrum Master certification would be an asset
- Java/JEE: JDK 1.7, 1.8, EJB 3.0; 2.1; 2.0, JMS, JPA, Hibernate
- Frameworks: Spring MVC
- Build tool: Maven
- Testing: JUnit
- IDE: Eclipse
- Application server: WebLogic 12
- Database: Oracle 11g and SQL (PL/SQL is an asset)
- Methodologies: RUP, AgileGood. knowledge of Agile methodology is a must
- Capability to write clear and structured technical documents.
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, very good communication skills
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings
- Ability to understand, speak and write in English (B2 level)
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on a large project
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant studies after the secondary school (2 years of professional experience can compensate 1 year of study)
- Minimum 13 years of relevant experience with the technologies described above.
WARNING: all proposed candidates should be security clearable (with scope application EU) and ready to travel to the premises of the Client for a physical interview.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies