Technology Expert (5984, L1)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Expert, based in Brussels.
Nature of the tasks
Non-exhaustive list of the tasks to be carried out:
- Analysis of user requirements and modelling of new information systems
- High-level and low-level design of applications
- Development of proofs of concepts and tests of applications
- Definition and integration of technological components
- Production of technical documentation
- Assistance with deployment and configuration of the systems
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills
- In-depth knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
- In depth knowledge of applications design
- Good command of coding best practices, software design and architecture patterns;
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment;
- Ability communicate clearly in English or French with stakeholders (business and IT) both verbally and in writing;
- Rapid self-starting capability, self-driven and can-do attitude;
- Experience and willingness in working in team settings;
- Ability to contribute in multilingual meetings;
- Delivering high quality and clean work;
REQUIRED SPECIFIC EXPERTISE
More specifically, the required specific expertise includes:
- Java, J2EE, JSP, XML/XSL/XSLT, UML, JDBC, SQL and RDBMS – excellent know-how is a must.
- Good knowledge of Spring Framework and aspect oriented programming
- Software development tools and processes (UML, Atlassian Jira, Apache Ant, Apache Maven, Eclipse IDE, Enterprise Architect, design patterns, unit testing, functional testing, integration testing, performance testing and code coverage checking)
- Knowledge in unit testing, functional testing, integration testing, performance testing and code coverage checking.
- Knowledge of Documentum and DFC / DQL, experience with full-text search engines, primarily with xPlore and Apache Solr
- Knowledge of the CAS single sign-on protocol. Having experience with ECAS (European Commission Authentication Service) would be an advantage
- Knowledge of information systems from the domain of long-term digital preservation, for example, Preservica.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies