Technology Expert (4817, L1)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Expert, based in Brussels.
NATURE OF TASKS
- Provision of expert advice and assistance, technology watch, evaluation studies, architectural considerations, applicable standards, solution patterns and best practices in the specific area of ICT infrastructure technology in the context of business workflow applications ( e.g. database management systems, Java Enterprise technology, enterprise & web content management, XML, portals, business process
- management and rule execution engines, interoperability, business activity
- monitoring and business intelligence technologies, Web 2.0, application life cycle management, test driven development, search technologies, information security)
- High quality recording, analysing and tracking of application issues (incidents, problems, changes) to ensure meaningful feedback throughout the support chain.
- Provision of monitoring of the functioning of business workflow applications and analysis and identification of application defects through detailed inspection of database and application server log files.
- Drafting technical content for knowledge database for use of upstream support groups in relation to the different business processes covered by the applications.
- Depending on the circumstances, the expert may be requested to provide assistance or support in the resolution of production issues
The Ideal Candidate
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Deep knowledge in one or more domains of the study required for the function (e.g. quality control, security, infrastructure, development language, knowledge of technology required, requirements analysis, performance analysis, a specific technical domain like vulnerability testing, business process modelling, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of application problem management applying ITIL (or equivalent) procedures
- Good knowledge of business processes and how they are reflected and implemented in the respective workflow applications.
- Good knowledge of financial circuits in the private and/or public sector.
- Being able to understand well requirements analysis and application for web applications and web services (UML)
- Deep understanding of XML modelling.
- In depth knowledge of service orientated application architectures (SOA).
- High level expertise and long term experience of a combination of the following IT tools is a pre-requisite: ORACLE RDBMS/SQL or equivalent, JAVA/J2EE (BEAWEBLogic or equivalent) and IBM Rational (RQM, RTC) or equivalent
- Good knowledge of ACTIVITI BPM, ECLIPSE/MAVEN, SOAP-UI and Angular 2 or higher framework is an asset.
- Good knowledge of information systems lifecycle
- Good knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g. RUP, Agile)
- Capability to write clear and structured technical documents
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Quick learning ability is required, being organized, versatile and a results-oriented team player
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings in French and English, excellent communicator; good command of the English language is mandatory
- Capability of working in an international/ multicultural environment.
- Organize regular coordination meetings, follow-up of actions, minutes of meetings is mandatory
- Able to manage analytical and/or technical issues involving different teams, suggest viable action list is mandatory
- In depth knowledge and experience in the architecture and technical implementation
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies