Technology Expert (3669, L2)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Expert, based in Brussels.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
The candidate will contribute to the activities listed below (non-exhaustive list):
• Provision of quality plans, quality assessments, quality control tests, evaluations and service level agreements associated with information projects
• Assistance in the implementation of a software engineering methodology Defining test strategy, approach and execution in development projects.
• Provide leadership and technical expertise within Test Automation and Quality Assurance.
• Ensuring that the development teams adhere to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the test strategy as defined.
• Focus on continuous test improvements including usage of appropriate testing tools, test techniques, test automation.
• Building and maintenance of quality standards as well as enforcing technical and testing standards.
• Monitoring of all the test activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve the processes.
• Gather and present testing metrics and testing activities for the projects to key stakeholders.
• Ensure the proper usage of available tools to gain the maximum benefit of the QA effort. This includes testing tools for functional, performance, automation, etc.
• Be an escalation point for all matters related to testing and quality assurance and operate as a primary point of contact for the test teams.
• Direct the development of the test strategy, methodology, discipline and framework. Driving and improving the test team in areas of automated testing and agile testing.
• Provide technical expertise in Test Automation, Testing Methodologies, Testing Processes, Tools and Techniques across the teams.
• Work with test managers, Development managers and the Software Development Director to develop and execute test strategies to meet and exceed department and corporate quality goals.
The Ideal Candidate
The candidates shall have:
• The experience stated in the framework contract for the requested profile.
• Good knowledge of English (spoken, written)
• Rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working.
• Proactive attitude, communicative (i.e. good listener) and customer-oriented
• Knowledge of building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure
• Knowledge of Testing Automation & Methodologies.
• Knowledge to Design, develop and implement Test Plans, Cases & Processes.
• Knowledge to Preparing and execute test cases/scenarios (with datasets).
• Knowledge of Scripting & Documentation.
• Knowledge to Regression & Negative Testing.
• Knowledge to UI & Compatibility Testing (multiple browser support).
• Knowledge to Performance/Load/Stress Testing.
• Experience on Defect/Bug Tracking.
• Experience on Test Strategies & Coverages.
• Knowledge of QA Standards.
Experience in testing JEE apps, Angular apps and Web Services. Experience working with the following tools:
• Confluence / Jira / XRay
• Java SE (write some non-Test NG classes of his own)
• Some minimal theoretical OOP knowledge: polymorphism, access modifiers, interface
• Versioning system for development (SVN, Git etc)
• Web services (either SOAP or REST)
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies