Technology Expert (19252, L4)
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a Technology Expert for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity!
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
You will work on the following tasks:
- Production of key strategic dashboards delivered to senior management of DG EAC
- Coordination of various stakeholders in operational units involved in the collection of data required for strategic dashboards
- Designing clear indicators reflecting the complexity of the management and the performance four Commission programmes
- Design and development of BI reporting dashboards
- Follow-up of service quality
- Monitoring of work carried out by support teams to ensure service quality
- Reporting to management
- Participation in meetings with stakeholders
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Ability to give presentations
- Able to participate in multi-lingual meetings (English and French), good communicator, ability to give presentations
- Capability of working in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team; leadership capability
- Capability to write clear and structured technical documents
- Able to use the office automation tools used in the Commission (MS-Office)
- Fluent in English and French (speaking and writing)
- Good knowledge of Confluence wiki, Jira and Sharepoint
- Good knowledge of Windows 7 and 10
- Good knowledge of the office automation infrastructure of the Commission
- Good knowledge of Skype, Microsoft Teams, Cisco webex
- Good knowledge of Microsoft .NET technology
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master level or 5 years of higher education
- Minimum 11 years of IT professional experience
- Experience with BI reporting tools
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience with online analytical processing and data mining
The CV must demonstrate a minimum experience in each domain as specified hereafter. The total time of experience required can be covered as a whole by the different domains.
- At least 7 years of experience in Qlik technology : proven knowledge in Qlikview, Qliksense, NPrinting
- At least 7 years of experience in Business Intelligence, requirements analysis and development tools (OLAP / data mining tool – including data marts, ETL modules, dashboards)
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies