Technology Expert (15942, L3)
IT tools and security have no secret for you ? Working in a dynamic and enthusiastic team is the perfect work environment ? If yes, we will definitely hear from you !
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Expert, in an International Organisation, based in Brussels.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
Under the supervision of the Team Leader of the IT Security Team, you will be asked to execute the (non-exhaustive) following tasks.
- To ensure the daily management of the CLIMA Secure Environment in order to achieve high confidentiality, integrity, and availability requirements, and will ensure the proper functioning of applications and services running on this environment.
- To provide expert advice and assistance, evaluation studies, architectural considerations, applicable standards, solution patterns and best practices in Identity & Access Management and Information Security.
- To provide security studies, security assessments and other specific security matters related to the CLIMA Secure Environment;
- To review the CLIMA Secure Environment Infrastructure and Architecture, identify any potential design weaknesses (e.g. single point of failure) that could impede the operations, and will propose improvements, and perform architectural changes;
- To draft and/or update the related documentation;
- To ensure the security of the Secure Environment by designing and implementing security baselines, a redundant and scalable infrastructure, and meeting security best practices including security logging, timely security updates, defence in depth, least privileges, and segregation of duties;
- To cooperate with the hosting environment provider (DIGIT) to ensure the security and the proper functioning of the CLIMA Secure Environment
What you’ll need to do the role:
If you are an experienced Application Architect with minimum 13 years' professional experience in IT, we definitely want to hear from you. You will also need 4 years' experience in IT systems management and/or networking; in IT security and in IT consulting.
You will also need:
- Proven experience with drafting procedures and documentation.
- Any recent experience in an EU institution on position similar to the one here detailed will be considered as an asset.
- Good knowledge of English (B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR))
- Deep knowledge in IT security and infrastructure;
- Capability to write clear and structured technical documents in English;
- Hands-on experience in managing a secure and highly available infrastructure including O.S., switches, routers, firewalls, storage, and virtualisation;
- Experience using Security protocols (including SSL/TLS, IPsec, VPN);
- VMware vSphere Hypervisor (including vCenter, ESXi hosts, VMware orchestrator, VROps);
- Security hardening of servers and network equipment in line with industry best practices, and international standards; UNIX family Operating Systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) security and system administration principles;
- Enterprise architecture framework such as TOGAF;
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices;
- Experience with backup, antivirus and monitoring solutions;
- Experience with crypto management and hardware tokens is desirable;
- Experience with cloud service providers is desirable (AWS, Azure…);
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, very good communication skills;
- Capability of working in an international/multicultural environment
All selected applicants will need to have, or be in a position to obtain, a valid Personnel Security Clearance Certificate (SECRET UE/EU SECRET level). A Personnel Security Clearance Certificate (PSCC) means a certificate issued by a competent authority establishing that an individual is security cleared and holds a valid national or EU PSC, which shows the level of EU Classified Information (EUCI). This refers to EC Decision (EU, Euratom) 2015/444 of 13 March 2015 on the security rules for protecting EU classified information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies