Technology Expert (12786, L5)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Expert, based in Brussels.
The key person will be responsible for:
- Creation in Python of transformation and validations rules that process and validate the statistical data used for the Commission macro-economic forecast. In this context, libraries and functions to simplify this process are to be created. The architecture using best practices commonly adopted by the community of python developers is to be defined and applied. It should promote in particular (but not only) a clear separation of data and metadata from programs
- Integration of the scripts written in Python into the FDMS+ engine. Technical documentation and guidance will be provided for this task.
- Other following tasks include the generation of reports, management of a data repository.
- Back-end development of Web applications
- Promote, develop and implement test automation and build automation.
- Write technical documentation.
- Use of Atlassian JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket as supporting tools
The key person should have:
- The candidate should have a sound knowledge and working experience in Python. Knowledge and experience with the Numpy and Pandas library will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of web technologies is an advantage: back-end development with Node.js and relational databases.
- The candidate should be open and able to learn quickly new IT languages or frameworks.
- The candidate should have the ability to work in team and to respect the rules and procedures,ability to write clear well documented code.
- The CITnet studio (Atlassian Confluence, JIRA and Subversion/Git) is the toolset to support project development.
- The candidate should have the ability to speak in French or English (at least level B2 in one of the two languages)
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies