Technology Expert (11474, L5)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Expert based in Brussels.
The key person will be responsible for:
- Provision of expert advice and assistance, evaluation studies, architectural considerations, and best practices in database management systems, web content management and business process management
- Study the relevant project documentation (legal basis, project business, architectural and technical documentation /vision document, software architecture document, use cases and use case model, supplementary specifications document, etc.)
- Assistance in the implementation of software engineering methodologies
- Coordinate the elaboration of functional and non-functional requirements and business case analysis with the external supplier
- Business process modelling, updating internal use cases and diagrams to reflect the internal rules of procedures
- Document project and business analysis process within EPPO, as guidelines for the project team
- Assist in project coordination and monitoring of quality and deliverables from external suppliers
- Read, analyse, comment and review project change requests. Perform impact assessment, and supply the EPPO with recommendations on the implementation of the inquiries, changes and the planning of the related activities
- Contribute to the technical review of submitted Quotes by the Contractor.
- Supervise, coordinate, review and assess the Contractor's testing activities.
- Perform functional and integration testing activities of the application
- Contribute to the agendas of various project meetings (Progress, Change Management, review and ad hoc meetings). Attend project meetings with the relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare and provide project related business and technical presentations to various stakeholders
The key person should have:
We are looking for experienced Technology Expert, Profile Level 5, with the capacity to take initiatives where appropriate.
He/she must be able to work pro-actively, independently, enjoy exercising some responsibility, and to find and propose creative solutions to problems. The candidate must have a proven track-record in IT projects. The candidate should have excellent organisational skills with the ability to
deliver expected quality results. The successful candidate will be required to liaise and to communicate well - orally and in writing - with our many stakeholders and to report clearly and effectively to management.
Professional experience and a proven track-record in business- and requirements analysis, and IT Infrastructure operations are a must.
The individual must possess knowledge of IT development standards
and of the interconnection of Information Systems.
The candidate must have at least 12 years of experience
with RUP, UML, MS Visio or equivalent project methodology. In particular, in-depth knowledge of web front-end technologies (HTML, Java, CSS, etc.), XML, XSD and relational databases is required.
Some knowledge on RDBMS (such as Oracle) and on SQL would be considered an asset. Knowledge of
IT security and other specific security matter related to ICT infrastructures is considered a plus. Knowledge
of the Case@EC, the case management system of DG COMP is a strong asset.
The working language is English.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies