Technology Expert (10264, L4)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Expert, based in Brussels.
The key person will be responsible for:
- Continuous communication with Advanced Computing & ICT Support Unit staff for the performance of routine housekeeping activities.
- Provide on-request support to the users of the information systems.
- Provide support during the deployment of new releases of applications.
- Collect and clarify the relevant documentation in terms of deployment, system configuration, DBMS requirements and client workstations requirements
- Follow up the development activities of the systems and provide assistance during the testing phases.
- Implement minor technical and functional enhancements to applications or add new business functionality in order to satisfy new or changed business needs.
- Enhance applications to improve performance, usability or other functional and non-functional aspects of the information systems.
- Diagnosing the cause of applications malfunctions and solving them in the relevant components.
The key person should have:
- Working language is English, but being the team is located in Ispra, Italian would be an asset.
- Knowledge of modern software development basic practices and tools is required.
- Knowledge of modern software development lifecycle is required.
- Where not specified, knowledge of the following will constitute an asset:
o JEE and the Spring Framework
o Java Persistence Architecture and REST
o Structured Query Language and Relational Databases (Oracle being our standard).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies