Technician CSD Brunssum (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: Technician CSD Brunssum
• Perform end-user support by providing timely and accurate IT Service Desk services such as incident management, problem escalation, remote assistance, training and end-user guidance on NU, NR and NS network
• Proactively monitor the IT Service Desk incident management system, act on incidents and alert relevant second-line support in case of performance degradation or downtime
• Advise ITCS management on corrective action or procurement action required to correct detected weaknesses in system functionality
• Gather comprehensive information about IT Service Desk trouble tickets enabling escalation to correct second-line support area and to facilitate a short time-to-fix period
• Ensure timely provisioning and maintenance of client software ranging from standard office automation software to specialized business applications including Customer software applications
• Perform On-Call level 1 service support either remotely or on site. Performs other duties as may be required
The Ideal Candidate
At least 1 year of recent experience, related to IT Service Desk functions
- Detailed knowledge and working experience of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Windows7).
- Detailed knowledge and working experience of the Microsoft Office 2010 Enterprise Edition (including Office Communicator 2007/Lync2010)
- Knowledge and working experience of Microsoft Windows Office SharePoint Server 2007/2010 from an end-user perspective
- Good knowledge of network technologies including VPN, WiFi networks and mobile data communications (Bluetooth and GPRS/UMTS)
- Service minded attitude with a strong interest in working directly with users
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies