Serco Services GmbH part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader based at EASA, Cologne, Germany.
The successful candidate should concentrate his/her activities on the following tasks:
- Act as single point of contact for one or more IT domains and/or team;
- IT incident, problem, service request and problem management;
- IT service delivery tracking, monitoring and reporting (e.g. dashboards, performance indicators etc.);
- End-user and key user management;
- Activity definition, resource estimations, team planning and task allocation;
- Team and people management;
- Facilitating coordination meetings (internal within IT, with business service owners);
- Risk identification, assessment and management;
- Budget forecasts and estimations;
- Direct and manage service delivery and team performance (monitoring and controlling schedule, HR and expenditures costs, quality, risks);
- Quality assurance, as well as respect of deadlines;
- Control adherence to the Agency’s & agreed standards, procedures and guidelines;
- Ensure continuous service improvement.
The Key candidate should bring the following skills and experience:
- At minimum Bachelor;
- ITIL Certification required.
- Excellent knowledge of IT service delivery methodology, principles and processes (ITIL);
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of issue tracking, service & change management tools;
- Professional experience in managing, monitoring and reporting IT incidents, problems, service requests and change requests (RfCs);
- Professional experience in managing teams & people, priorities, task allocation and coordinating technical team work.
- Minimum 4 years (Standard level) of professional experience in a role as or similar to IT service delivery manager.
- English (understanding/speaking/writing) at level C1 or equivalent.
Other competences and skills:
- Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working, understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions;
- Ability to reach common understanding and agreement from all stakeholders;
- Experience in multicultural organisations and public sector;
- Experience in conflict management;
- Autonomous, ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Presentation skills (giving presentation to people of all management and team members levels);
- Ability to use the IT service management tools and methodologies;
- Ability to manage a team’s tasks, even in the face of stressful situations;
- Ability to prioritize between competing tasks on a rational basis and in a decisive manner;
- Negotiations skills;
- Integrity & Professionalism.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies