Serco Services GmbH part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader based in Karlsruhe, Germany.
The successful candidate will concentrate his/her activities on the following tasks:
- Annual leave management
- Assist with and plan annual leave within the team and ensure all team members book and take leave within the calendar year.
- Sign and approve all leave request forms and manage the work allocation
- Sickness management
- Keep track of his/her team members sickness absence
- Inform Customer (cc Contract Manager) during the absence of his/her team members – during TL’s sickness the Contract Manager should be informed
- Training management
- Identify training requirements in the team and plan and book relevant training courses required by the team members
- Monitor training course participation and track future usage of course contents; to ensure team members attend the course and the training content provided is being put into good use (and to see if any additional training is needed).
- Annual Performance Review
- Help set the PDR session with the team member, working closely with the contract manager.
- Perform mid and end year performance reviews
- Make sure all objectives are meet and if not, provide support, guidance and training with the contract managers support.
- Create Monthly progress reports and send timely to Contract Manager
- Make sure all the members follow the “Managed Services” approach
- Report any negative or non “Managed Services” approach from Customers
- Communicate clear instructions to team members, lead the team by setting a good example (being the teams role model) and ensuring that behaviour is consistent with communication.
- Motivate and inspire team members, listen to team members' feedback, contribute to increasing the viewpoint score.
- Attend monthly German Team Leaders meetings (in the support office).
- Be the eyes and ears on the ground for Serco, ascertain feedback from the customer and communicate this upwards within Serco; thus enabling Serco to provide excellent service and benefit from future opportunities.
The ideal candidate should bring the following skills and experience:
- A successful Team lead needs to have experience in leading a team
- Ability to work in fast paced, rapidly changing environment and a STRONG desire to learn.
- Relevant experience in a similar position with staff responsibility (including coaching, reporting and management skills) ;
- knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Very good communication and diplomacy skills;
- English skills level C1 - fluent
- Higher education or proven experience in a similar environment.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies