Team Leader (Documentation service team)
Serco Services GmbH part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader (Documentation service team) based at ESOC, Darmstadt, Germany.
The successful candidate should concentrate his/her actiivities on the following tasks:
Annual leave management
- Assist with and plan annual leave within the team and ensure all team members book and take leave within the calendar year.
- Sign and approve all leave request forms and manage the work allocation
- Keep track of his/her team members sickness absence
- Inform Customer and the line manager during the absence of his/her team members
- Identify training requirements in the team and plan and book relevant training courses required by the team members
- Monitor training course participation and track future usage of course contents; to ensure team members attend the course and the training content provided is being put into good use (and to see if any additional training is needed).
Annual Performance Review
- Set the "Appraise staff" ("Catch up") objectives and sessions with each individual team member.
- Perform mid and end year performance reviews
- Make sure all objectives are meet and if not, provide support, guidance and training with the line manager's support.
- Create Monthly Progress reports and send timely to line manager
- Communicate clear instructions to team members, lead the team by setting a good example (being the teams role model) and ensuring that behaviour is consistent with communication.
- Motivate and inspire team members, listen to team members' feedback, contribute to increasing the viewpoint score.
- Attend monthly Team Leaders meetings led by the line manager.
- Participation in recruitment process (if applicable)
The following skills and experience would be an advantage:
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor.
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Decision-making skills.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
Submittal deadline: 25/05/20
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies