Are you fascinated about Space? Do you have a working experience in the field of satellite TT&C and PDT systems? You could be our new TT&C Engineer. Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As part of the TT&C & PDT Systems & Techniques Section at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
Support on TT&C / PDT related topics:
- Participation to the Concurrent Design Facility work including mission analysis.
- Support to studies and analyses of techniques and technologies for Tracking, Telemetry and Command (TT&C) and Payload Data Transmission (PDT) systems, including in particular: modulatoin, error correction coding, combined (adaptive) modulation/coding, signal synchronisation, digital signal processing, RF/microwave technologies.
- Technical support for the development of TT&C and PDT equipment and subsystems.
- assessing end-to-end TT&C and PDT systems including system level
design, (dynamic) link budget assessment, and data flow analysis
including interaction between different link layers and between
transponder/transmitter and avionics equipment; assessment of related encryption and authentication functions.
- Simulation and testing in laboratory of TT&C / PDT systems and equipment.
- Generation of technical requirements and statements of work for TT&C/PDT related activities.
- Technical support for standardisation activity in the frame of European ECSS and CCSDS.
- Support to ESA projects from early conceptual phase to launch preparation.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring::
- Applicants should have a Master degree / PhD in Telecommunication or Electrical engineering.
- In addition to the required 4 years relevant work experience, the applicant should have some years of work experience in the field of satellite TT&C and PDT systems.
- Knowledge of modern computer systems, programming languages, telecommunication standards particularly in the area of TT&C and Telemetry, digital signal processing theory applied to communication systems and simulation tools is required.
- Familiarity with TT&C transponders, Payload Data Transmitters (for Earth Observation) and other spacecraft sub-systems technology design and testing is an asset, as is knowledge on TT&C spaceflight hardware development.
- Knowledge on satellite telecommunication systems based on optical technology is an asset.
- Knowledge on Authentication and Encryption schemes as applied to TT&C/PDT systems, in addition to cyber security aspects, is also an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers.
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Take pride in what you do!
Serco European Agencies