System Operations Engineer
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a System Operations Engineering based at ESTEC, Noordwijk, Netherlands.
The successful candidate will concentrate his/her activities on the following
- Define and maintain the System Operations project documentation for the next Generation of Galileo, including the System Level Operations Concept, both CLA and UNCLA and the Operations Service Requirement Document. Particular focus is expected on the compatibility analysis between the new generation of Galileo Satellites and the Ground Segment evolutions, the new planning functionalities as well as operations automation and monitoring and control aspects.
- Identify the required Operational Improvements to be injected in the new system functional architecture definition, based on a systematic analysis of the lessons learned derived from the Galileo first generation.
- Interface the System design experts within the Project to ensure that the system functionalities and performances fulfil the new mission objectives and operability requirements for all the different mission scenarios and system operating modes.
- Based on the operations concept evolution and lessons learned analysis, derive operability requirements in support of the System and Segment requirements definition and consolidation.
- Support the Galileo Project Office on the interactions with the Galileo GNSS Supervisory Authority Agency (GSA) for the definition of operational needs coming from service requirements.
- Active participation to Galileo Evolution Engineering Boards, System and Segments Working Groups.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should bring the following skills and experience:
The essential requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of the current Galileo system and its expected evolution.
- Proven experience in operations engineering (analysis of mission requirements, operational feasibility, identification of main operational drivers and definition of system operational concepts) to support both ground mission control system and satellite design to ensure that the overall system functionalities and performances fulfil the mission objectives and operability requirements.
- Good understanding of mission control systems integration and verification, including the integration and testing of the individual ground elements up to the progressive integration and acceptance of the whole system and related interfaces
- Advanced knowledge of the current Galileo operational processes related to operations preparation, validation and execution and related interfaces
- Proven experience in engineering coordination tasks and capability to interface system design experts at both Project and Industry support level
- Good communication skills and the ability to carry on activities and interact in a complex teamwork environment. Good practical and analytical skills are also required
- Location of work: European Space Research and Technology Centre ESTEC, Noordwijk, Netherlands
- Fluency in English
The desirable requirements:
- Experience in a commercial/industrial environment
- Ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities
- Familiarity with the ESTEC environment
- Security clearance: The appointment is subject to the selected candidate having or obtaining personal security clearance from his/her national security authority.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies