System Design Engineer (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: System Design Engineer
Support the development of BMD system Requirements (Functional and non functional)
Support the development of the high-level architectures for the future Customer BMD increments;
Assist in establishing the BMD Information Exchange Requirements (lERs) and mapping into the standards to support the informat on exchange;
Support the development of Interface Control Documents between C2 Systems and national C2.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of developing systems requirements and establishing maintainable traceability between user requirements, architectures, system requirements, and test;
- Experience working independently or supervising a staff of personnel;
- The incumbent should possess the personal qualities of tact, judgement and adaptability as well as good political awareness and motivational and listening skills. In addition, a sense of diplomacy and propriety in order to work harmoniously with colleagues and other staff, both civilian and military, from Customer and the Customer nations, as well as with staff from private scientific/industrial organizations is needed;
Knowledge or experience of Command and Control systems, particularly those related to the Customer BMD architecture (ACCS, Bi-SC AIS) or National equivalents;
• Experience in the interoperability standards used in the Customer BMD architecture (Link16/JREAP,ADatP-3 J APP11C) ;
• Experience of developing complex system-of-systems architectures;
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements:
Knowledge of Customer responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT.
Expertise and knowledge of the IBM DOORS and System Architect toolsets and the integration between them;
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies