System Administrator (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: System Administrator
- Design and implement Microsoft Exchange infrastructure solutions and driving deployment to improve availability and increase/consolidate services.
- Design solutions including server/system scalability, availability, disaster recovery, monitoring, and security.
- Responsible for design and build of enterprise servers, virtualization, and storage systems, inclusive of technology selection, vendor engagement/quoting, handson
- build, and transfer to operations processes.
- Evaluate and implement system solutions to meet business and system requirements.
- Evaluate existing systems to determine effectiveness and suggest changes to meet business and system requirements.
- Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of Microsoft Exchange infrastructure systems, virtualization, and storage.
- Complete models, simulations, and proof of concepts, using manual or automated methods, to analyze or predict system performance under different operating conditions.
- Analyse risks and proactively report problems and suggest solutions.
- Maintain up to date documentation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current industry trends, techniques, and tools.
- Create, maintain, and improve departmental policies and procedures.Attend change& problem management meetings as needed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Skills: knowledge, experience required Sound knowledge of email service support for Customer deployed environment.
- Proficient with and working knowledge of server hardware/software, deployed in data center and cloud/virtualization environments, following best practices.
- Proficient with designing, implementing, and maintaining Microsoft products and technologies, in particular Microsoft Exchange Infrastructure.
- Experience with virtualization technologies and their associated management platforms and concepts.
- Experience with public/private cloud concepts.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate and display architectural designs and implementation choices.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments, often within limited time constraints.
- Ability to interact with internal and external personnel at all organizational levels.
- Experience required: 57years of experience in defining, implementing, and validating Microsoft Exchange infrastructure solutions,57 years of experience in systems management of medium to large scale, fulilifecycleserver/storage/virtualization infrastructure.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT infrastructure and systems, including enterprise class servers,operating systems, storage, and virtualization.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies