System Admin. (NATO Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: System Admin.
•NCIA DAS JISR has the responsibility of supporting and maintaining web applications operating on the NATO Secret network in support of NATO and its integrated commands.
•An additional application support engineer is required to join the existing second level support team to assist in troubleshooting, deployment, development and other second level support tasks.
•Networking protocols & topologies (TCP/IP configuration and troubleshooting);
•Storage (SAN, NAS, Fibre Channel, NFS, ZFS - setup, install, …);
•Backup (configuration, administration, troubleshooting);
•Disaster Recovery (HW/OS/Storage - planning, implementation, testing, documenting;
•Knowledge/expertise in the following areas is desirable in this role : Sun Sparc and Intel hardware (servers, disk and tape storage);
• Solaris 10, ZFS, Linux; iSCSI;
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have well in depth knowledge of hosting platform (Microsoft Windows Server + IIS and Linux Redhat).
- Must have sound knowledge in the administration of Postgres and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Must have experience in the migration of system data from one format to another using technologies such as PowerShell, SQL Scripts, XML Stylesheets etc.
- Must have experience in upgrading hosting platforms and applications to newer versions.
- Must have excellent spoken and written English communication and presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate an ability and keen sense for problem solving
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies