Support Manager (20582, min 11 years of experience)
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a Support Manager for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
DESCRIPTION OF THE TASKS
Use of ITIL.
• Organisation, implementation and maintenance of IS support
• Service management and follow-up of service quality
• Coordination of the IT operations team
• Coordination with project teams and with IT departments of other DGs (especially DIGIT)
• Follow-up of user requests and incidents; organisation of reporting
• 2nd/3rd level support of Information Systems:
o user requests related to configuration changes;
o in-depth analysis of incidents;
o identification of root causes and potential solutions.
• Management of the handover of information systems from development to IT operations
• Management of a release/deployment schedule for acceptance and production environments;
• Maintenance of the knowledge base of issues and information systems’ operations procedures;
• Participation in coordination, service and project meetings.
|Education and technical expertise|
Level of education corresponding to Level 6 of the European Qualifications Framework (which typically corresponds to a bachelor's level or 3 years of higher education).
In-depth knowledge (minimum 11 years) of experience in the following domains:
• Expert knowledge in one or more domains described under 2.3 Specific Expertise;
• Excellent knowledge of ITIL processes;
• Very good understanding of DevOps practices;
• Practical experience in several IT operations processes;
• Proven experience in working in team and leading an IT operations team;
• Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, strong written-, verbal communication and presentation skills;
• Ability of integration in an international/multicultural environment.
• Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating system;
• Knowledge of LAMP stack and Weblogic application environments; cloud knowledge is an advantage;
• Knowledge of Oracle database environments;
• Experience with software deployments in LAMP stack and Weblogic environments with job automation solutions (Jenkins Pipeline scripting is an advantage);
• Experience in investigating incidents and bugs in JAVA applications;
• Experience with system, capacity and performance monitoring solutions (Dynatrace is an advantage);
• Experience with service desk management tools (SMT is an advantage).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies