Spacecraft Meteosat Operations Controller
Are you fascinated about Space? Would you love to have a start or continue your Space career? Do you have an educational background in a Space Engineering and have had experience in Space sector? You could be our new Spacecraft Meteosat Operations Controller. Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT) based in Darmstadt, Germany.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Spacecraft Meteosat Operations Controller you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Operate on a 24/7 shift basis all or part of the mission control system, which includes parts of the ground segment as well as the space segment;
- Assist in configuring and testing the operational system to support the operations;
- In case of ground or space segment anomaly take corrective action as necessary, applying the contingency / emergency procedures approved for the mission to ensure spacecraft safety and the continuity of service provision to users;
- Participate in other operations-related activities (small system development, procedures development or maintenance etc.) upon request of the Team.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Experience working with computer systems and PC literacy is required.
- Adaptable, self-disciplined and able to work in a calm and correct manner under conditions of stress.
- The position requires working a shift rota; candidates must be able to fit in well within a small operations team.
- You should have a solid background in a technical environment
- Ex military personnel should have completed a service College apprenticeship in electronics/telecommunications, and possess a background in Avionics, Air Defence, Air Radar or Communications or in any relevant area.
- Or You should preferable have a degree at BSc level in a relevant subject such as IT, Telecommunications, Physics or Aerospace engineering etc.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• A great opportunity to start a career in a Space sector
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers.
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Take pride in what you do!
Serco European Agencies