Space Capture Lead Germany
We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a Space Capture Lead Germany in Darmstadt.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :)
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Space Capture Lead Germany you will be responsible for:
- Implement the commercial strategy and sales plan established by the European Business Development (BD) Director and country General Manager (GM) in the Space business domain.
- Ensure deals are successfully closed with margins in line with country strategy.
- Develop a pipeline of new business opportunities to ensure growth targets are achieved.
- Coordinate organic growth actions with Account managers.
- For each opportunity, and with the support of the relevant sector BD Director develop a win strategy, with efficient win themes, competitive analysis and a price-to-win.
- Drive capture management activities by proactively understanding customer needs and promoting the Serco way and Serco capabilities.
- Understand Serco’s capabilities and assess them against customer requirements / needs, identifying gaps and implementing individual capture strategies.
- Develop consultative relationship with all customers to position of Serco at the heart of the upcoming opportunities.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships within the customer community and industry to be able to identify new business opportunities for the benefice of the growth plan.
- Support in the development of a network of senior relationships with customers, potential customers already said above.
- Collaborate with BD teams to support capture management activities to win large competitive procurements by proactively work to market Serco capabilities and competitive pricing.
- Collaborate with BD Director to understand and analyse unsuccessful bid activity and ensure these inputs into future proposition development.
- Support Representation of Serco in all relevant professional associations.
- In coordination with the Europe marketing team, attend and coordinate the Serco presence for sales events and fairs.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Good knowledge of Space business in Germany with experience in Eumetsat and DLR programmes and procurements
- Open minded and able to interact with confidence with all stakeholders
- Motivated by challenge and looking for business success.
- Has a track record of working in sales.
- Enjoys teamworking and is used to cooperate with bidding, legal, finance and operational teams in an international environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Exercises good judgement with decision-making skills.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to assimilate information quickly, cut through to determine resolution, communicate key messages simply and effectively to the business
- Fluent in English and German languages as a minimum.
- Demonstrated understanding in building opportunities.
- Successful in implementing growth strategy with German public entities and/or international entities
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development or space related project management
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies