At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Solution Tester, based in EASA, Cologne, Germany.
The key person will be responsible for:
- Compliance checks and tests of software deliverables including documentation against the requirements and specifications;
- Definition of test plans and test cases;
- Construction of test scenarios and scripts, including automation;
- Test coordination and execution;
- Documenting and reporting of test results;
- Take responsibility in planning and testing of the applications;
- Production and review of test scripts;
- Building the test environment;
- Investigation and replication of issues, logging of issues;
- Continual contribution to the improvements of the test process;
- Elaboration of test programs.
The key person should have:
- At minimum Bachelor.
- Excellent understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design;
- Strong experience in testing solutions and systems: writing test cases, test scripts, automation of testing and execution;
- Experience in implementation of ITIL Best Practices;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in IT and minimum 3 years in testing IT solutions (Standard level);
- Professional experience with at least one testing tool and issue tracker.
- English at level B2 or equivalent.
Other competences and skills:
- Problem identification and solving skills: ability to constructively challenge assumptions, identify key issues and escalate as appropriate;
- Ability to provide effective co-ordination for the testers and user acceptance testing;
- Ability to manage conflicts;
- Passion for achievement and full accountability;
- Business acumen;
- Integrity & Professionalism.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies